Monday, February 13, 2012

How should I play a shaman in World of Warcraft?

I'm a level 70 shaman with the level 70 PVP gear from doing battlegrounds (not the arena). I've always played as an enhancement shaman, but I just always feel weak and underpowered. Should I re-spec? Should I get new gear? What should I mostly focus on (intellect, stamina, strength, etc)?

How should I play a shaman in World of Warcraft?
Shaman as you know is a hybrid class. They are never going to be the best in any one of the aspects they can perform.



Enhancement is a great spec to choice, it's my personal favorite. You won't have tons of mana to spend, but if you focus on putting out the best totems for each situation your group (in pvp or instances) will love you! You can help out with heals in an emergency and deal pretty decent DPS.



Elemental can do more damage but they are very mana intensive and when your out of mana there is not much left for you to do. This is why I like Enhancement.



Restoration is very handy though. I just personally don't like to have healing as my main purpose. Resto Shaman are able to take a beating and stay alive (almost rivalling pallies) but they sacrifice damage. As a Resto Shaman in PVP you main goal would be to keep those around you alive. They excel at this and I have a friend who enjoys their Resto Shaman in battlegrounds and arena but it's just not for me.



Pick the one thing you like about your class and focus on it. Once you choice your focus then you need to get your stats to match that focus. For Enhancement the best stat is +attack power, followed be +strength, +agi, +stam, and lastly intellect.

spirit doesn't have enough effect for Enhancement to even worry about it.



If you choose the path of Restoration +healing, +int, +stam, +spirit become the most important (in that order)



Elemental is similar to Resto but replace the +healing with +spell damage.



Just remember your strengths as a shaman - totems! and being able to shift between roles on the fly (just not as good as the full fledged thing)



News from the recent BlizCon event has mentioned Enhancement Shamans being looked at and tweaked. I'm holding out for those results before I do anything drastic.



In the mean time check out this website for some helpful Shaman information http://murderingmurlocs.blogspot.com/200...



good luck!
Reply:Unless your healing in arena's... you will always feel weak.



Shaman is a great class, but @ 70 they go downhill. they need a buff badly

inline skates
  • neutrogena
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment