Monday, February 13, 2012

My wife has an implant to help with her RSD. Does anyone else want to share experiances?

My wife of 4 years has an implant to help with her RSD. Her pain is now all but gone!!! We are so happy. She spent almost 3 years in a wheelchair, and is now doing thereapy twice a week. She can walk, but has a low stamina... for now. Does anyone else want to share their experiances? Any one else have RSD?

My wife has an implant to help with her RSD. Does anyone else want to share experiances?
That is excellent that her pain is gone! I'm assuming that she had a spinal cord stimulator implant? I have had RSD/CRPS for a little over two years now. I got it from a knee surgery that I had when I was 13. I've also had a spinal cord stimulator along with many other treatments, all have had a short term pain relief. My spinal cord stimulator gave me 9 months of relief (after 4 surgeries for it), but my scar tissue (I have keloid scarring condition) has finally taken over the leads again and blocked the stimulation. I'm hoping to get into a low does ketamine treatment program in Arkansas soon with hope for possible pain relief. I hope that your wife continues to have relief!


No comments:

Post a Comment